Collie Rescue Of Greater Illinois, Inc. (CRGI) is a local organization that mainly serves the northern portion of Illinois in the rescue and placement of both rough and smooth coated Collies. A small staff of unpaid volunteers supports CRGI in its mission. Because of the absolute need for a home visit for all potential Collie adopters and limited resources to execute this task the placement of Collies outside of our service area is handled on a case by case basis.
If you are outside of our adoption area, please visit the Collie Rescue Foundation for a complete list of Collie rescue groups across the United States.
Each rescued Collie has a modest adoption fee which covers most of the dog's expenses.
Adoption fees are $325 for adult dogs, $400 for puppies under one year, and $150 for dogs eight years and older.
All rescued Collies receive the following veterinary care:
- Spaying or neutering
- DHLPP & rabies vaccines
- Heartworm test, (then placed on Interceptor Spectrum)
- Fecal exam
- Eye check (puppies)
- Teeth cleaning (if necessary)
- Bordatella (kennel cough vaccine)
- Microchip implant for permanent identification
After veterinary care and a complete grooming, the Collie is placed in a foster home for a minimum of two weeks for socialization and evaluation of temperament, quirks, likes and dislikes until adopted.
Dogs in the list may have one of the following designations:
- Available: The dog is available for adoption.
- Adoption Pending: We have found a solid match for this dog. The adoption is pending the signing of the adoption contract.
- Adopted: The adoption contract for this dog has been finalized.
- Medical Hold: The dog is in a foster home but is not yet ready for adoption due to ongoing medical treatment. Please realize that while we attempt to keep the list current, dogs in this list may have pending adoptions or may be already adopted.
We require anyone interested in adopting a collie to fill out an adoption questionnaire.
Following are the dogs we have up for adoption
Rough Tri-factored Sable and White
Sally was born Nov. 7, 2015, one of a litter of 10. As all of the litter mates were sold, Sally continued to grow, naturally, and by the time she was all that was left, she was no longer the tiny puppy who would fit in the palm of one's hand that so many people desire. There was nothing wrong with her; she just had bad luck in grabbing the right person's attention until she was “too big.”
Rough Sable Merle
According to Sandy's foster mom, he is the easiest dog to foster (and to fall in love with) for whom she has ever cared.
Rocko is a seven year-old Tri Collie mix who is one big, happy boy! If you are looking for an energetic,fun loving dog, Rocko is the dog for you!